Friday, July 5, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Beautiful

Today's Five-Minute-Friday word is: Beautiful
GO:
I am blessed to be surrounded by beauty.  I realize this as I see it everyday.
Not everyone would agree with my perspective of beauty.
We have a beautiful home, but none of it, nor any of our belongings, have been designed or decorated by well-known designers.  Well, OK, other than the "named" purse I've been fortunate to have for the last month or so.  But our home is beautiful, and welcoming, and it's home.
I look out the windows of our home, and I see waves of green flowing in the fields.  I believe the mountains are beautiful, I love the beach for it's beauty as well, but, there is beauty to be found in the Midwest too, believe it or not.
I look in the mirror, and I don't always see beauty.  In fact, more times than not, I see flaws, imperfections, things I'd like to have different.  But when my husband sees me, he sees beauty, and that's important to me. And I treasure that.  Immensely.  
When Christ sees me, I realize He created me -- flaws and imperfections and all.  But He created me in His image.  I view Christ as beautiful -- broken, and beautiful.  Which means, if I am created in Christ's image, I am beautiful.
And that's the most important way I choose to view myself.  Beautiful, not in my eyes, nor in my husband's eyes, but in Christ's eyes.
DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment